At Marketing Vision 2021, the 27th annual conference on what’s working and what’s next for B2B strategy and impact, ITSMA and Momentum jointly provided deep research, creative thinking, and applicable insights into how B2B marketers can build on the strength marketing has amassed over the past few years to drive strategic growth for the business.
On the first day of the conference, Julie Schwartz, Senior Vice President, Research & Thought Leadership, ITSMA, shared the most recent wave of ITSMA’s How Executives Engage research, including the eye-opening insight that executives’ top business priorities right now are improving productivity and profitability as well as investing in innovation.
These top business priorities—profitability, productivity, innovation—point to growth. But what role does marketing play in driving that growth?
Based on what we heard during Marketing Vision 2021, we have identified ten elements of a winning marketing game plan:
- Bring data and insight to the business to drive growth
- Engage in a unique and different capacity with the customer
- Plan for your future marketing organization
- Collaborate internally to deliver an integrated sales and marketing experience
- Capitalize on the shift to hybrid selling
- Take time to establish trust and build relationships with customers
- Ensure that thought leadership is a collaborative effort across the organization
- Build ABM for the long term
- Make technology work for you
- Keep it human
These ten elements were distilled from presentations given at Marketing Vision 2021, a three-day event that featured 13 sessions, 30+ speakers, and more than nine hours of content.
Learn more about each of these elements in Marketing’s New Game Plan for Growth: Highlights from Marketing Vision 2021, an ITSMA Update that offers key takeaways of the conference, links to replays of the sessions, and related research and resources to help marketers with their overall strategic planning.
Note: This document is intended for Marketing Vision 2021 attendees. It is free for ITSMA members and $195 for non-members. All conference attendees will have full access to the event content referenced in the Update. If you did not register for Marketing Vision 2021, you can still access the content On-Demand.