As marketers move into 2018, it is more important than ever to prioritize what’s working, scale back what’s not, and pick up the pace of transformation for the digital future.
ITSMA’s 2018 State of the Profession briefing provides critical data and insight on the rise of the “third R: Relationships,” as a top priority for B2B marketers this year. The briefing, led by ITSMA’s Dave Munn and Julie Schwartz, highlights the growing investments that leading B2B marketers are making to strengthen the most important components of strategic relationship development, including account-based marketing, customer experience and customer success, executive programs, and customer satisfaction, loyalty, and advocacy.
The briefing also provides a broader look at key findings from ITSMA’s 2018 Marketing Budgets and Trends Survey. Building on new benchmark data from top technology, communications, and B2B services firms, Dave and Julie explore such additional issues as:
- Marketers’ strategic priorities for 2018 and how these have changed in recent years
- Services marketing budget growth, allocation, increases, and cuts across key functions and categories
- New directions in digital and social media marketing, lead generation, and lead management
- Priorities for marketing training and skills development
- Marketing’s role and impact in critical business initiatives
Most important, the briefing explores top priorities for the high performers in B2B services marketing compared with other organizations. Along with data from the 2018 survey, the briefing provides leadership examples from companies including Tata Communications, Cisco, IBM, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, PwC, and NTT Data.