ITSMA’s Professional Services and Solutions: Market Positioning and Brand Awareness Study, 2002 provides market- and firm-level data and analysis on brand awareness and positioning for leading IT professional services firms.
The multiclient study was designed to help firms meet the following objectives:
- Establish a baseline of brand awareness and positioning for leading IT professional services firms.
- Learn how decisions makers view the major IT professional services firms.
- Determine which firm attributes are most important to the decision makers and influencers of IT professional services purchases.
- Establish which sources of information decision makers and influencers of IT professional services purchases use.
The study provides detailed analysis on the following topics:
- Unaided IT professional services firm awareness
- Aided IT professional services firm awareness
- Favorability of IT professional services firms
- Preference for doing business with IT professional services firms
- Positioning of IT professional services firms
- Importance of attributes in the selection of IT professional services firms
- Comparison of attributes of primary sponsors and specified peers
- Sources of information about IT professional services providers
- Awareness and recall of advertising venues and messages
Equipped with this data, companies will be better able to plan marketing initiatives, shape market perceptions, and track the effectiveness of marketing programs on an ongoing basis.
From December 2001 through February 2002, ITSMA interviewed 400 senior-level US-based decision makers from companies with revenues that exceeded $200 million and from government organizations. The study respondents, both IT and business executives, represent nine major industries: communications; discrete manufacturing; energy; financial services; government; health care providers; process manufacturing; retail; transportation.
Companies covered in the study include Accenture; Andersen; AT Kearney; Cap Gemini Ernst & Young; Cambridge Technology Partners; Cisco; Compaq; CSC; DiamondCluster International; Dell; EDS; Hewlett-Packard; IBM Global Services; Gartner; KPMG Consulting; Maxim; Microsoft; Novell; Oracle; PricewaterhouseCoopers; Sapient; Siemens; Sun Microsystems; Superior Consulting; Tek Systems; Unisys.