As companies focus on keeping and developing existing clients, account management has become a top priority for many marketing and sales organizations. Maximizing the value of key client relationships requires a finely tuned set of account management processes, yet the challenges of coordinating internal organizations and partners with balancing potentially competing priorities can be exceedingly complex.
ITSMA’s Steve Hurley, vice president of learning and performance Excellence, and Tammy Ribaudo, director of the Services Marketing Professional Program, present benchmark data from leading IT services organizations on a range of key account planning and management topics, including:
- Global consistency in managing key accounts
- Frequency of account management reviews
- The role of CRM and other account management tools
- Perceived effectiveness of different aspects of account management
- Account management metrics
The presentation concludes with a review of key lessons learned for using account management to accelerate the sales cycle.