You already know that Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is delivering results. But are you and your team building your skills fast enough to take full advantage of the different approaches to ABM emerging today? Succeeding with ABM, especially with your strategic accounts, requires a complex blend of leadership, business acumen, and a range of specific marketing skills.
ITSMA pioneered ABM in the early 2000s, and has worked since then with leading B2B technology, telecom, and services firms to design and execute successful ABM programs. Our approach, methodology, and practical experience are the best in the business, and we’ve trained hundreds of marketers from award-winning ABM programs for more than a decade.
Our industry-leading ABM Certification Program provides an intensive, 90-day immersion in the methodology and skills that you need to accelerate growth with your most important accounts. The program starts with a two-day kickoff workshop, during which you can work on either a one-to-one or one-to-few case study to practice your skills, then three webinars, and on-the-job mentoring and coaching to create a robust ABM plan that’s ready to go.
Interested in learning more? Read the details below.
Who should participate?
ITSMA’s ABM Certification Program is designed for senior, experienced marketing professionals who want to build their professional competency in ABM. We evaluate all applicants to make sure that everyone meets the minimum requirements for the program.
What will I learn?
Specifically, the program helps you learn how to:
- Understand the value and impact of ABM, including three distinct types (1:1, 1:few, 1:many)
- Identify priority accounts for ABM
- Develop new insights into accounts
- Design targeted propositions that show clients the value you can bring to their strategic priorities
- Craft marketing messages and campaigns that resonate with clients
- Create and sustain deep, long-term relationships with executives in key accounts
- Build client loyalty and intimacy
- Measure your impact in terms of reputation, relationships, and revenue in each account
The program provides a unique opportunity to learn from top ABM experts, explore real-world case studies, actively participate in discussions on various ABM scenarios (1:1, 1:few, 1:many), and network with marketers facing similar ABM challenges.
“I found the ITSMA ABM Certification kickoff workshop very useful in helping me lead HCL’s ABM program. The facilitator was a powerful storyteller, and the 1.5 days at the workshop were very engaging and informative.”
Account-Based Marketing Certification Program Agenda
Kickoff Workshop (June 19-20, Boston, MA)
- Understanding the rise and importance of ABM
- Selecting accounts for ABM
- Knowing what is driving your targeted accounts
- Playing to the client’s needs
- Mapping and profiling stakeholders
- Developing targeted value propositions
- Planning integrated campaigns
- Executing campaigns
- Evaluating results
After the workshop (90 days)
- Active support and guidance, including regular calls with your assigned ABM mentor to apply the methodology in developing a practical ABM plan for your selected account or group of accounts
- Three, 60-minute webinars
- One Team for ABM. ABM is a team sport, and you will need to work closely with colleagues across your business to be successful. This webinar looks at the people you will need on your team—from marketing, sales, account management, delivery, and even partner organizations—and explores how to collaborate effectively to design and implement your ABM plan using the latest agile working principles.
- Aligning ABM with Your Wider Business Processes. Knowing the seven steps involved in designing and executing your ABM plan is not enough to make it a success. You’ll need to align your process with the core marketing, sales, and customer success processes running in your business to maximize your ROI. This webinar highlights the main business processes you’ll need to integrate with, and how best to align, your ABM activities.
- Building Your ABM Technology Roadmap. Whichever tier or tiers of ABM you decide to adopt, you’ll need to leverage the right technologies to capture insight, engage your audiences and track your performance at minimum. With a vast number of tools and systems available, this webinar will help you plan how best to leverage those already used by your company while thinking about your future requirements to maximize ABM impact.
- Four homework assignments
- Final deliverable: action-ready ABM campaign plan for an account or group of accounts
“I will be able to immediately implement the tools and strategies that I learned from this program not just for account based marketing but in developing other business programs and marketing campaigns.”
Pricing, Workshop Accommodation, and General Information
||$5,250 for members of ITSMA
$6,050 for non-members
||Program fee includes individual mentoring, workshop fees (including continental breakfasts, lunches, dinner, and refreshments), and program materials—including a copy of ITSMA’s ABM book, A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing: Accelerating Growth in Strategic Accounts.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not included and are the responsibility of the participants.
||June 19-20, 2019
Day 1: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (dinner at 6:00 pm)
Day 2: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
||aloft Boston Seaport, 401-403 D Street, Boston, MA 02210
|Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the participant. ITSMA has reserved a block of rooms at the workshop location, which can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. The special rate is $289/night, plus tax, if reservation is made by May 28. Please use our online booking link or call Starwood Hotels directly at +1 888 625 4988 or +1 617 530 1600, and be sure to mention ITSMA and our training at the Aloft Hotel.
||If there is anything we can do to make your participation in this program easier, please complete the appropriate space on the Registration Form or contact Laura Carroll at email@example.com or +1 781 862 8500, x121.
Senior Associate, ITSMA & President, Knowledgence Associates
As an ITSMA Senior Associate, Lisa brings over twenty-five years of marketing and sales to client engagements. She has hands-on experience with both the marketing and selling of business-to-business and business-to-consumer products and services. She also has system enhancement and design experience for marketing and sales applications. Her consulting serves clients in high technology, insurance, manufacturing, healthcare, and professional services industries and focuses on marketing strategy, account-based marketing, value proposition development, positioning, relationship marketing, customer service assessment programs, sales effectiveness assessments, and sales & service training.Full bio
Cancellation, Refund, and Photo Policies
Cancellations and substitutions must be in writing and forwarded to ITSMA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full refund or future event credit given 30+ days prior to the event
- $250 cancellation fee 15–29 days prior to the event
- No shows will incur the full event fee
- Substitutions for this program must be approved by ITSMA prior to the start of the program
Participants at this event agree to allow ITSMA to take photos during the event.
Any pictures captured by ITSMA may be used in future promotional materials or presentations. For questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Aloft Boston Seaport, Boston
401-403 D Street,
+1 617 530 1600