You already know that Account-Based Marketing (ABM) is delivering results. But are you and your team expanding your capabilities fast enough to take full advantage of the different approaches to ABM? Succeeding with ABM requires a complex blend of leadership, business acumen, and a range of specific marketing skills.
ITSMA pioneered ABM in the early 2000s, and worked since then with leading B2B technology, telecom, and services firms to design and execute ABM strategies and programs. Our approach, methodology, and practical experience are the best in the business, and we’ve trained hundreds of marketers from award-winning ABM programs for more than a decade.
Our industry-leading ABM Certification and Mentoring Program provides an intensive, 90-day immersion in the methodology and skills that ABM-ers need to succeed. The program includes a two-day kickoff workshop, three webinars, and expert, on-the-job mentoring and coaching to create a robust ABM plan that’s ready to go.
Interested in learning more? Read the details below.
Who Should Participate
ITSMA’s ABM Certification and Mentoring Program is designed for experienced, client-side marketing professionals who want to build their professional competency in ABM. We evaluate all applicants to make sure that everyone meets the minimum requirements for the program. (Please note: the program is not open to agency staff or consultants.)
What will I learn?
Specifically, the program helps you learn how to:
- Understand the value and impact of ABM, including the three distinct types of ABM (1:1, 1:few, and 1:many)
- Identify priority accounts for ABM
- Develop new insights into accounts
- Design targeted, differentiated propositions
- Craft marketing messages and campaigns that resonate
- Create and sustain deep, long-term relationships with executives
- Build client loyalty and intimacy
- Measure your impact in terms of reputation, relationships, and revenue in each account
The program provides a unique opportunity to learn from top ABM experts, explore real-world case studies, actively participate in group work and discussions, and network with marketers facing similar ABM challenges.
Kickoff Workshop (April 28-29, 2020 – Santa Clara, CA)
- Understanding the rise and importance of ABM
- Selecting accounts for ABM
- Knowing what is driving your account(s)
- Playing to the client’s needs
- Mapping and profiling stakeholders
- Developing targeted value propositions
- Planning integrated campaigns
- Executing campaigns
- Evaluating results
After the workshop (90 days)
- Active support and guidance, including regular calls with your assigned ABM mentor to apply the methodology in developing a practical ABM plan for your selected account or cluster of accounts
- Three, 60-minute webinars
- Anatomy of a One-to-One ABM Campaign. In this webinar, a member of ITSMA’s ABM Alumni group will share a case study, starting with the reason for selecting the account and the business objectives set, then working through the seven-step process to the results achieved and lessons learned. Delegates will reflect on the case study and any implications for their own ABM plan.
- Anatomy of a One-to-Few ABM Campaign. In this webinar, a member of ITSMA’s ABM Alumni group will share a case study, starting with the way the cluster of accounts was selected and the business objectives set for it, then working through the seven-step process to the results achieved and lessons learned. Delegates will reflect on the case study and any implications for their own ABM plan.
- Anatomy of a One-to-Many ABM Campaign. In this webinar, a member of ITSMA’s ABM Alumni group will share a case study, starting with the way the group of accounts was selected for ABM and the business objectives set for it, then working through the seven-step process to the results achieved and lessons learned. Delegates will reflect on differences between one-to-many and the other types of ABM covered in the first two webinars, and discuss implications for their own ABM plan.
- Four homework assignments
- Account/cluster selection, insights, and imperatives and initiatives
- Plays for the account/cluster
- Stakeholder profiles
- Campaign plan and metrics
- Final deliverable: an action-ready ABM plan for an account or cluster of accounts
“I found the ITSMA ABM Certification kick off workshop very interesting and useful in helping me lead HCL’s ABM program. The facilitator was a powerful story teller, and the 1.5 days at the workshop were very engaging and informative.”
As an ITSMA Senior Associate, Lisa brings over twenty-five years of marketing and sales to client engagements. She has hands-on experience with both the marketing and selling of business-to-business and business-to-consumer products and services. She also has system enhancement and design experience for marketing and sales applications. Her consulting serves clients in high technology, insurance, manufacturing, healthcare, and professional services industries and focuses on marketing strategy, account-based marketing, value proposition development, positioning, relationship marketing, customer service assessment programs, sales effectiveness assessments, and sales & service training.Full bio
Pricing, Workshop Accommodation, and General Information
||$5,250 for members of ITSMA
$6,050 for non-members
||Program fee includes individual mentoring, workshop fees (including continental breakfasts, lunches, dinner, and refreshments), and program materials—including a copy of ITSMA’s ABM book, A Practitioner’s Guide to Account-Based Marketing: Accelerating Growth in Strategic Accounts.
Travel and accommodation expenses are not included and are the responsibility of the participants.
||April 28-29, 2020
Day 1: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (dinner at 6:00 pm)
Day 2: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
||The AC Hotel
Santa Clara, CA
|Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the participant. ITSMA has reserved a block of rooms at the AC Hotel for $349/night, plus tax. Please book your reservation using the online booking link or contact the hotel directly at +1 408 496 2950 (be sure to mention that you’re attending ITSMA training). This special rate is only guaranteed by April 15, 2020. Please note that there is a 72-hour cancellation policy, so fees will apply otherwise. If you need assistance, please contact Laura Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 781 862 8500, x121 or +1 978 877 0241.
||If there is anything we can do to make your participation in this program easier, please complete the appropriate space on the Registration Form or contact Laura Carroll at email@example.com or +1 781 862 8500, x121 or +1 978 877 0241.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Requests for cancellations and substitutions must be in writing and forwarded to ITSMA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Full refund or future program credit given 30+ days prior to the program
- 85% refund or 100% future credit provided when notifying ITSMA 15–29 days prior to the event, but a substitution may be acceptable
- Substitutions for this program must be approved by ITSMA prior to the start of the program
- For full details, please reference our cancellation and refund policy.
AC Hotel San Jose Santa Clara, Santa Clara
2970 Lakeside Drive,