Over the past few years, Marketing has weathered quite a sea change: budgets have dwindled, new tools have emerged, offerings have changed, the industry has morphed, and power has shifted. Doing more with less is no longer an option; Marketers need to start doing things differently to lead the business.
Election & Voter Information — Don’t forget November 2 is Election Day in the United States. Information for each state can be found at: http://www.electioncountdown.us/voting.htm
Our 17th Annual Marketing Conference is on November 2 and 3 at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge, MA. Join us as we hear from industry experts and marketing leaders about the Year of Marketing Transformation and what we as marketers need to start doing to be seen as true business leaders. Top B2B marketers will offer their perspectives, and recipients of the ITSMA Marketing Excellence Awards will share their winning practices.Conference Personalization with 1:1 MeetingsIn addition to the unparalleled quality of speakers—authors and visionaries, business advisors, market leaders, marketing excellence award winners, and in-the-trenches practitioners—we are also excited to offer one-to-one meetings to your conference experience. When you register for the Conference, you can also identify an area of interest (or question or issue) and we’ll schedule a free 30-minute informal meeting for you with an ITSMA expert or associate during the Conference. Meeting times are limited, so let us know what you want to talk about when you register. Some topics you might consider include:
- ITSMA’s How Customers Choose research
- Social media marketing
- Targeted marketing programs
- Thought leadership
- Account-based marketing
- Demand generation
- Brand positioning
- Sales enablement
Not exactly a fit with your area of interest? No problem. Let us know what you want to discuss and we’ll do our best to find the appropriate expert to meet with you. Take advantage of this opportunity when you register!
Several senior marketing leaders from IT and Services companies will present their insights, best practices, and even some lessons learned. Our confirmed speakers include:Bret BarczakCMO, Service and Solutions, GE Healthcare
- Oversees marketing for $2.5B Services and Solutions business
- Responsible for driving growth and business innovation Responsible for driving growth and business innovation
More >Malcolm FrankSenior Vice President of Strategy and Marketing, Cognizant
- Oversees Cognizant’s business strategy
- Author of articles in several leading industry publications
- The subject of a Harvard Business School case study on management and leadership
More > Janis FratamicoDirector of Marketing, IBM GBS Americas
- Leads a team responsible for industry and service line marketing, sales enablement, visual design, and other cross-brand initiatives
- Has led initiatives to maximize relationships and revenues from IBM accounts valued in the hundreds of millions
- Contributed to IBM’s groundbreaking campaigns and programs, including the “Smarter Planet” initiative
More > Brian Halligan Founder and CEO, HubSpot
- Helps businesses transform the way they market their products by “getting found” on the internet
- Author of two books
- Entrepreneur-In-Residence at MIT
More >Jane Hiscock President & Founder – Farland Group
- Expert in customer community, customer-focused marketing and selling, and CIO leadership
- Builds marketing and communications strategies for leading technology, healthcare and financial services brands
- Contributed to articles on knowledge management to the Public Relations Review and co-edited the book Crisis Manager: Facing Risk and Responsibility
More >Julie Meyers Vice President, Strategy, Marketing & Client Experience, Global Document Outsourcing, North America, Xerox Corporation
- Oversees all strategy development and marketing activities for a $2 billion business
- More than 20 years’ experience in sales, account management, marketing and strategy leadership
More >Dave C. Munn President and CEO, ITSMA
- Will open the Conference with ITSMA’s views on how marketing is transforming and needs to transform.
- Will host and facilitate both days of the Conference.
- Has been a speaker, moderator, host and/or facilitator at 16 out of 17 of ITSMA’s Annual Marketing Conferences.
More >Olivier Nguyen Van Tan Managing Director – Pierre Audoin Consultants
- Expertise spans Project Services, Infrastructure Software, Virtualization and Software-as-a-Service
- Responsible for managing PAC’s hotline service, strategic workshops, and global custom-research engagements
More >Tom Rodenhauser Editor – Consultants News
- Frequent speaker on management consulting industry trends to both sellers and buyers of consulting services
- Industry expert, featured in leading media
More >Julie SchwartzSenior Vice President, Research and Thought Leadership, ITSMA
- The leading researcher and thinker on B2B technology marketing trends and best practices
- Conducts custom research projects, benchmark studies, and other research to provide “can’t-get-anywhere-else” insight for B2B marketers
More >Mike Schultz President, RAIN Group, & co-author of Professional Services Marketing
- Expert in sales performance improvement
- Co-author of two books on marketing and sales
- Frequently quoted in leading national publications and media channels, such as BusinessWeek, Inc. Magazine, and MSNBC
More >Jeff SummersChief Operating Officer – SAVO
- Responsible for product management, product development, business development and corporate marketing
- A proven thought leader in Sales Enablement
- While at Siebel, helped launch Siebel Sales 7.7
More >Karen Walker Vice President, Marketing and Communications, Services – Cisco
- A progressive marketing leader known for driving marketing excellence, improving the total customer experience and enabling innovation to drive business results
- Reinvents marketing organizations to become highly effective, innovative and customer focused
Honoring Stand-out Achievement in Services and Solutions MarketingThe ITSMA Marketing Excellence Awards program, now in its thirteenth year, honors the marketing strategies, programs, and campaigns that have achieved excellence at technology, telecom, communications, and professional services firms worldwide. The awards put special emphasis on marketing innovation, program execution, and business results.The awards program is based on a comprehensive and strategic approach to marketing in one of the six following categories:
- Developing and Launching New Offerings*
- Enabling Sales
- Lead Generation, Management, and Measurement
- Marketing with Social Media*
- Senior Client Engagement Programs*
- Thought Leadership Marketing
We will be presenting the winners in the final session on Tuesday, November 2, followed by a celebratory networking reception. Select winners will be presenting their case studies on Wednesday, November 3.*Marketing with Social Media, Senior Client Engagement Programs, and Developing and Launching New Offerings are new categories.
Who Should Attend & Why
ITSMA’s Annual Marketing Conference is designed for senior- and executive-level marketing and business development professionals who want to learn from industry peers, stay at the top of their game, bring their marketing strategy to the next level, and network with like-minded business leaders.Over the two-day Conference, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Challenge your thinking with stimulating presentations from B2B marketing practitioners on today’s most pressing topics and trends
- Listen to what world-renowned thought-leaders, authors, and business advisors have to say about the industry
- Get tips from several examples of successful marketing and sales initiatives, tools, and tips from best practice case studies
- Learn about award-winning marketing innovations and programs
- Network with professional peers and fellow industry professionals at the Welcome Reception, Marketing Excellence Awards Reception, lunches, and breaks.
And, in this day of restricted travel, why not take advantage of this opportunity and get together with your team? In addition to sharpening the skills of your team, here are some ways you can make the most of the Conference:
- Convene at the conference. Virtual meetings are convenient, but face-to-face time is priceless. Take advantage of this unique opportunity and wrap a team strategy and planning session around the conference. You’ll hear plenty of new ideas to discuss, thanks to the fresh content at the conference.
- Develop the skill of your people. Want your team to learn new skills or elevate their perspective? There’s never been a better way.
- Reward and recognize your team’s hard work. The conference is a great way to invest in your top talent, recognize the team’s successes, and motivate them to keep looking at new and different ways to approach their marketing challenges.
- Get personal, one-on-one advice. If you take advantage of a 1:1 meeting, you can start to discuss the advice and plan ways that the team can work together to solve your critical business issues.
Welcome Reception (November 1, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm)
Eat, drink, and enjoy. Join us after your long day of business or travel to relax, enjoy complimentary hors d’oeuvres and beverages, and meet with old friends and new acquaintances in the contemporary setting of The Charles Hotel. All conference participants are invited to register, pick up conference materials, and enjoy casual networking before the Conference festivities get underway.
Schedule of Events
|7:30||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|5:00||Marketing Excellence Awards Celebratory Networking Reception|
|4:30||Wrap-up & Closing Remarks|
Monday, November 1
|5-7:00 pm||Pre-Registration & Welcome Reception|
Tuesday, November 2
|7:30 am||Registration & Continental Breakfast|
|8:30||Conference Kick-Off & Opening RemarksDave Munn, President & CEO, ITSMA|
|9:00||The Future of Work: How Marketers Will Need to Transform to SucceedMalcolm Frank, Senior Vice President of Strategy & Marketing, Cognizant Technology|
|10:45||The State of Management Consulting: 2010 & BeyondTom Rodenhauser, Editor of Consultants News|
|12:00 pm||Networking Lunch – Table Topics|
|1:15||Marketing as a Catalyst for Field Sales: Maximizing the Impact of Every Sales ConversationJeff Summers, Chief Innovation Officer, SAVO|
|2:00||Maximizing Technology and Professional Services Sales: What it really takes for B2B marketers to succeedMike Schultz, President, RAIN Group, & co-author of Professional Services Marketing|
|3:15||The Future of Client Communities—The Digital BoardroomJane Hiscock, President & Founder, Farland Group, and Janis Fratamico, Director, Marketing, North America, IBM Global Business Services|
|4:00||ITSMA Marketing Excellence Awards Presentation|
|4:45||Day One Wrap-UpDave Munn, President & CEO, ITSMA|
|5:00||Marketing Excellence Awards Celebratory Networking Reception|
Wednesday, November 3
|7:30 am||Continental Breakfast & Networking|
|8:00||Welcome Back & ITSMA UpdateDave Munn, President & CEO, ITSMA|
|8:30||Connecting and Collaborating: The Cornerstone of a High Impact Marketing Organization that Delivers Measurable Business ResultsKaren Walker, Vice President, Marketing & Communications, Cisco Services|
|9:15||It’s All About the Strategy—How Marketing’s Role Can be Elevated Through Alignment and ExecutionJulie Meyers, Vice President, Strategy, Marketing & Client Experience, Xerox Global Services NA|
|10:30||Taking Thought Leadership to the Next LevelBret Barczak, Chief Marketing Officer, Services & Solutions, GE Healthcare Technologies|
|11:15||How Customers Choose Providers—What’s Changed and What Marketers Need to ImproveJulie Schwartz, Senior Vice President, Research & Thought Leadership, ITSMA, and Olivier Nguyen Van Tan, Managing Director, Pierre Audoin Consultants|
|12:00||Networking Lunch – Table Topics|
|1:15||Free Your Content, Be Spreadable, and Other Marketing Lessons from the Grateful Dead Brian Halligan, CEO & Founder, Hubspot, and author of Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs, and Marketing Lessons From the Grateful Dead|
|2:00||Best Practice Case Studies from ITSMA’s 2010 Marketing Excellence Award Winners|
|3:15||Best Practice Case Studies from ITSMA’s 2010 Marketing Excellence Award Winners|
|4:15||Wrap-up & Closing RemarksDave Munn, President & CEO, ITSMA|
|Please note: ITSMA reserves the right to make changes or substitutions to this event.|
SAVO is the industry-defining provider of sales enablement solutions, which maximize a sales organization’s ability to communicate value and differentiation in clear, consistent and compelling ways. SAVO’s award-winning, on-demand application enables organizations to scale knowledge and expertise throughout an organization, share best practices of top sales performers, ramp new hires and leverage the best of an organization in time for every upcoming sales meeting.
The Geehan Group connects B2B companies directly to decision makers within their most important customers. Our experienced team unleashes the power of the customer to:
- Develop powerful strategies that align to the market and drive internal alignment
- Retain and grow your most important customers
- Leverage top customers to acquire new customers
- Drive innovation through customer co-design and collaboration
- Increase overall market alignment in offerings, communications, and strategy
As markets shift and opportunities for transformation arise, successful organizations are aligning strategies with their most important markets to drive sales and success. Geehan Group has the expertise to design and develop high-impact programs like Customer Advisory Councils, Strategic Planning, Executive Summits and other Executive Sponsor Programs.
|Event Date:||November 2-3, 2010|
|Fees include conference materials, continental breakfasts, lunches, refreshments, and receptions.|
|*Contact ITSMA for details about special discounts for three or more participants from your organization. Details at email@example.com|
|Event Location:||The Charles Hotel, One Bennett Street, Cambridge, MA 02138|
|Phone: +1-617-864-1200 Toll free: 800-882-1818Fax: +1-617-864-5715Booking Hours: Monday – Friday: 8 am to 7 pm ET; Saturday: 9 am to 4 pm ET|
|Accommodation:||Hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the registrant. ITSMA has reserved a block of rooms on a first-come, first-served basis at The Charles Hotel.$279 single/double occupancy – Available until October 18, 2010. Please call the hotel directly for room reservations. To receive the discounted rate, please identify yourself as an attendee of ITSMA’s Annual Marketing Conference.|
|Hotel Information:||The Charles Hotel experience reflects the eclecticism that is Cambridge. An urban oasis, The Charles offers something for everyone who is visiting the Boston area. Guests can soak in their academic surrounding by attending a lecture at Harvard, relax with a stroll along the Charles River, explore downtown Boston or dine at some of the Boston and Cambridge area’s finest restaurants, including The Charles’ own Henrietta’s Table and Rialto. In addition, The Charles is home to a thriving jazz club, the Regattabar a popular cocktail bar, Noir, and an ice-skating rink during the winter months.|
|Special Requests:||If there is anything we can do to make your participation in this event easier, please complete the appropriate space on the Registration Form or contact Carolyn Jefferson at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-781-862-8500, Ext. 121.|
|International Travelers:||Effective January 20, 2010 inbound travelers to the United States from Visa Waiver Program countries may be denied boarding by the airlines if they don’t have ESTA authorization.|
Sponsoring ITSMA’s Annual Conference is a great way to showcase your brand strength and gain visibility with senior-level marketing and sales executives. Several opportunities are available to meet your needs and budget. Contact Dirk Mullenger at email@example.com for more information.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations and substitutions must be in writing and forwarded to ITSMA via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Full refund or future event credit given 30+ days prior to the event
- $250 cancellation fee 15-29 days prior to the event
- No shows will incur the full event fee
- Substitutions approved by ITSMA are permitted
ITSMA guarantees your complete satisfaction with this event. If you are not satisfied, we will provide you with a full refund of your money or provide a credit towards another offering.